- To avoid nasty, pointy death, we need to start consuming far, far less.
- That sounds scary, but it's really not. All our excess consumption isn't making us happier.
- In fact, it's done a lot to erode our sense of community, which significantly harms our quality of life.
- Part of the solution involves rebuilding local, small-scale economies (farmers markets being a good example).
- The McKibben family is facing a Beanie Baby overpopulation crisis.
Monday, April 2, 2007
KQED San Francisco had an outstanding interview with ecology author Bill McKibben [here]. Available as an MP3 or audio stream. The high points: